Frequently Asked Questions
- How much are fares?
|Youth Ages 5 & Under||Seniors Ages 65+|
|Peak*||$3.25||$3.25||free w/paid fare (limit 3)||$3.25|
|Non-Peak||$2.50||$1.00||free w/paid fare (limit 3)||$1.00|
Peak Hours: Monday-Friday 6:00-9:00AM & 3:00-6:30 pm
- Is There a Discount for those with disabilities?
Persons with disabilities ride for $1.00 at all times on all SouthWest Transit express routes. To qualify, show your Metro Mobility card or transfer, Metro Transit temporary ID, Minnesota driver’s license/state ID with an “A” or “L” endorsement. For information on certification, call 612-349-7415. NOTE: All SouthWest Transit express buses are ADA accessible. Please tell the driver BEFORE YOU PAY YOUR FARE if you qualify for a reduced fare.
- What time does the bus come and what route will it be?
Schedules for all routes can be found here on our website.
- Do you accept Go-To cards, U-passes, and student bus passes?
Yes, we do.
- I've never taken your bus before, what do I do?
Please call Customer Service at 952-949-2287 between 9:00 am & 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Where do I get a Go-To card?
SW Station in Eden Prairie 6:30 am to 6:30 pm (Monday through Friday) and for limited hours at our other park & ride locations.
- How do I go from your park & rides to my local work address?
Call SW Prime at 952-797-7463 to request a ride.
- What time is the last bus leaving for downtown Minneapolis from the SW suburbs?
5:40 pm from East Creek Station, 5:50 pm from SW Village and 6:00 pm from SW Station.
- I want to take Prime to get to my location after getting off the express bus. What do I do?
When getting off your express bus, request a “Prime” transfer ticket from your express bus driver. You may also request a transfer from a Prime driver for the express bus.
- Do I need to scan my Go-To card when getting on and off the bus?
When you take an express route to Minneapolis, you will scan your Go-To card only when first getting on the bus. Click here for detailed information about paying on your return trip.
- What Sporting Events Do you go to?
We go to Twins, Gophers, and Vikings games. Event information can be found here.
- I need to get to a location downtown, but I don’t know where I should get off the bus. What should I do?
Please call Customer Service at 952-949-2287 6:30 am to 6:30 pm, Monday through Friday.