March 28, 2013
SouthWest Transit’s Social Media Policy
SouthWest Transit’s presence on social media platforms creates a forum for conversations about issues that are important to customers. Social media allows SouthWest Transit to share information beyond the conventional web experience. However, SouthWest Transit encourages anyone interested in more information to visit its official website, www.swtransit.org.
SouthWest Transit's use of social media is intended to encourage interaction between the user and SouthWest Transit. SouthWest Transit cannot verify or confirm the accuracy of user content or their compliance with the guidelines outlined here. SouthWest Transit does not endorse any of the views in content posted by users.
SouthWest Transit recommends that users of social media platforms refrain from including personal information that they wish to remain confidential when interacting with SouthWest Transit's social media accounts.
Data Practices and Records Retention
Communications with SouthWest Transit are subject to Minn. Stat. Chapter 13, the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act. To the extent that any content on social media is government data, such data are transitory communications and will not be retained by SouthWest Transit.
Social media is not intended to be a method for the filing of complaints or for transaction of official business with SouthWest Transit.
Matters pertaining to official business should be addressed to SouthWest Transit by contacting SouthWest Transit directly at its business office located at 13500 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN.
Please Note: Content expressed by anyone other than SouthWest Transit on SouthWest Transit’s social media accounts does not reflect the opinions or positions of SouthWest Transit, its employees or elected officials. SouthWest Transit reserves the right to limit or remove content from its social media accounts.
SouthWest Transit's social media accounts and updates are subject to downtime that may be out of its control, because social media servers are managed by a third party. SouthWest Transit accepts no responsibility for the networks becoming unresponsive or unavailable.
SouthWest Transit strives to post accessible content both on its web pages and social media accounts. SouthWest Transit uses YouTube’s built-in closed-captioning feature, which requires occasional editing for accuracy and clarity.
SouthWest Transit's social media accounts may contain a variety of content. The types of content that may be seen on various social media platforms include but are not limited to:
- Alerts about impending route or schedule changes
- Reminders about SouthWest Transit policies and practices
- News releases and links to stories about SouthWest Transit happenings at www.swtransit.org
- Information about public meetings
- Polls and opportunities to provide feedback on SouthWest Transit initiatives
- Shared content from other organizations that partner with SouthWest Transit
- Information about special events and promotions
- Related Photos and videos
- Shared content
SouthWest Transit may also occasionally share content from other social media users or websites, including following or liking other users or content and linking to other users, websites, or content.
Sharing such content is provided solely for the convenience of users and is intended to point users to additional information that may add perspective for users. SouthWest Transit is not responsible for the accuracy, currency, or reliability of this shared content. SouthWest Transit does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through this shared content, nor does it explicitly or implicitly endorse the shared content.
SouthWest Transit’s content is also intended to be shared, and users are encouraged to share content they find relevant or interesting.
SouthWest Transit encourages members of the community to interact on issues of regional significance with SouthWest Transit, its members and staff, and one another via SouthWest Transit's social media accounts. SouthWest Transit expects that users will interact in a respectful manner.
Users are fully responsible for anything they post, including links, videos/photos and other material. SouthWest Transit does not agree with or endorse content that users post on its social media accounts.
SouthWest Transit’s goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible and its policy is to accept the majority of content added by users.
However, comments may be removed and users blocked for the following behaviors:
- Threats of violence or other potentially criminal behavior,
- Hate speech,
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity,
- Nudity in profile pictures,
- Defamation to a person or people,
- Name calling and/or personal attacks,
- Comments specific to a person’s employment with SouthWest Transit that may be considered non-public information or require further investigation,
- Comments whose main purpose are to sell a product,
- Comments that infringe on copyrights,
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile,
- Links to non-relevant sites (that could be construed as spam), and
- Other comments that SouthWest Transit deems inappropriate.
All content added by users may be reviewed and may be deleted.
SouthWest Transit’s social media accounts are managed by its Customer Services & Marketing division, which can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.